THE CONCOURS OF ELEGANCE ANNOUNCES NEW INTERNATIONAL CONCOURS PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR AWARD
|Download Press Release||Download High Res Image||Download Low Res Image|
- New International Concours Photographer of the Year award announced by the Concours of Elegance, with the winner to be crowned at the 2015 event, held between 4-6 September at Palace of Holyroodhouse in Edinburgh
- Amateur photographers able to submit images from all major global Concours events between 1 September 2014 and 31 August 2015
- Images will be judged by a team of experts, led by Concours of Elegance Patron, HRH Prince Michael of Kent, and photographer Tim Scott
- Entries welcome through the Concours of Elegance facebook page (facebook.com/ConcoursOfElegance) or on twitter (@ConcoursUK)
- Winning entrants will be awarded with unique behind the scenes access to the 2016 Concours of Elegance for two people, including VIP hospitality
The Concours of Elegance today announces a new International Concours Photographer of the Year award to be presented at the Palace of Holyroodhouse Concours of Elegance 2015, held between 4-6 September.
Inspired by the fantastic photography generated at each of the previous Concours of Elegance events – Windsor in 2012, St James’s in 2013 and Hampton Court Palace in 2014 – the Concours of Elegance has decided to award a trophy to the best amateur image taken at one of the world’s largest Concours events.
The amateur photography competition will be judged by a team of experts, headed up by Concours of Elegance Patron, Prince Michael of Kent and photographer Tim Scott. Prince Michael has been involved with the Concours of Elegance since 2013, and Tim is well known throughout the classic car world for his stunning images in the most famous motoring publications and auction houses.
Entries for 2015 can be from any global Concours event held between 1 September 2014 and 31 August 2015, including the likes of Pebble Beach, Amelia Island, Ville d’Este and, of course, the 2014 Concours of Elegance at Hampton Court Palace.
Entries can be posted to the Concours of Elegance facebook page (www.facebook.com/ConcoursOfElegance) or to twitter (@ConcoursUK) using the hashtag #ConcoursCompetition
The judging panel will create a shortlist of ten images, which will be uploaded to the Concours of Elegance website for a public vote for the whole of the month of August 2015.
Each of the shortlisted images will be displayed at the 2015 Concours of Elegance, with the winner selected by the online public vote and announced on Sunday 6 September – the final day of the 2015 Concours of Elegance in Edinburgh.
The winner will be awarded with a special Concours prize: a VIP experience for the 2016 Concours of Elegance. The VIP treatment not only includes access for two to next year’s event, VIP hospitality and a luxury picnic but will also include unique behind the scenes access to the event, allowing the winner to take photographs that others can’t.